Nightlife in Aruba

aruba 132aruba 131 aruba 133 Last night we all went out to dinner at Tony Roma's.  This has become a tradition and whether the service is good or bad, we still enjoy ourselves.  Last night was no different.  The 15 of us plus two infants piled into the two vans for a short ride to the restaurant.  We managed to get a table that seated everyone.  We seated the hard of hearing crew at one end and the young fun at the other.  It took nearly two hours for us to get all of our meals.  Needless to say, the kids were getting pretty antsy by the time we finished.  Adding to the equation was the fact that Elle was  sunburnt and exhausted.   Upon returning, aruba 134 Marcie made her famous carmel popcorn.  It was delicious.  Some watched football, others played card games, but I volunteered to take Elle  to my room in hopes of getting her to sleep at a decent hour.  No such luck!  She entertained me for a good hour and a half with incessant talking and singing in the dark.   

Check out Teyah's braids.  It took four hours for the woman to put them in.  Can anyone guess how many it took?  I will bring a surprise home to the person who guesses the closest and leaves me a message. aruba 135 aruba 141

8 comments:

  Karrie

September 16, 2008 at 4:50 PM

Looks like so much fun- and good food too! I am guessing that it took 42 braids for that girls's hair. I can't see how thick they are- I might be way off.
Don't get eaten by a shark while you are diving- love the underwater pictures.

  Angie Thompson

September 16, 2008 at 6:13 PM

Okay, I have no idea how many braid it took, but I love surprises so I will guess it must be near 100 (that girl has some of the thickest hair I've seen). It looks like you guys are having a blast!

  Katie and Luke

September 16, 2008 at 8:38 PM

I am going to guess...71 braids!
Lookin' good! I wish I was that brave to get a head full of braids.

  Angie Thompson

September 16, 2008 at 10:08 PM

Okay, I just read Marcie's blog and 100 wasn't an option - so I am changing my guess to 70. ;-)

  The Hogue's

September 17, 2008 at 9:32 AM

I think there has to be more than 70 so my guess will be 88.

  Dany

September 17, 2008 at 11:45 AM

my guess was 88 too, so I will say 89. Glad you are all having a great time, we miss you here and are all jealouse! Have a safe trip home.

  Jenny

September 17, 2008 at 2:50 PM

Does anyone out there have an original guess? I see that lots of people went to Marcie's blog...and got the multiple choice answers.

  Angie Thompson

September 17, 2008 at 3:42 PM

Now why would we have an original guess when multiple choice is available? Silly .... pleased tell Dylan I am working very hard to keep his greenery alive, but I might be losing an impatient or two. Okay, maybe tell him on the airplane home - don't ruin the trip. :-)