Rubber Ducky Races

After twenty nonconsecutive years of living in the valley, I decided to attend the annual Rubber Ducky Event held at Riverside Park in Kernville.  ducky day and thompsons move 033 I took my favorite niece Elle, my sister Kelly, and cousin Taryn for a fun day in the sun.  As the pictures of shiny red faces attest, it was HOT.  Leah and Roger Callahan were in town for the event and we visited briefly. Leah gave Elle a ticket to fish for a ducky. I purchased an "Odd Duck"  for a hundred dollars because that was all that was left.  Lunch was hectic with the three girls.  I should have just skipped lunch and bought them all snow cones.  They loved them!  Taryn played in the bounce house but Elle was too scared.   ducky day and thompsons move 003

ducky day and thompsons move 005 

Taryn didn't hesitate to have her face painted with a rose.  Krissy, Dylan, Kent, Harley, and the twins joined us for the last hour.  With her mother's reassurance, Elle let them paint a ladybug on her thigh.  As soon as the woman was done, she became preoccupied with it.  We didn't stay around long enough to even see who won because the races weren't that exciting and it was over a hundred degrees.  ducky day and thompsons move 010 ducky day and thompsons move 007

2 comments:

  The Tylers

August 23, 2008 at 10:47 PM

HI..I never knew you had a blog until I read comments from Tabi and Katie (Never knew they had one either!) The pics from your trip are amazing! Looks like everyone had a great time. I must say that I have yet to attend a rubber duckie race..maybe one day now that I have Dean!

  Katie and Luke

August 24, 2008 at 8:51 PM

Hello Jen. You know.... I have never attended a rubber ducky race either! Isn't that strange??
Let's get together one Friday in the near future. Bring Tabi with you! We can have some lunch and get mani/pedi's or something girly! Isn't Kristi's baby adorable. He looks like his daddy.