The Forbidden Fruit Tastes the Sweetest: Breaking Dawn Concert Series

For Kelly's birthday, I promised to take her to one of Stephenie Meyer's book signings.  She got her book Sunday after church and completed it the night before the concert. Busy with work, I wasn't as fortunate. After working only half day Thursday, we left for UCLA.  We enjoyed dinner at my favorite stop along the way, Claim Jumper.  Yes, it would have been appropriate to let Kelly choose the restaurant but I'm not that nice.   Kelly loved the clam chowder in a bread bowl and strawberry lemonade so I think it was a good choice.   The actual event was a concert, discussion, and signing.  Surrounded by "Twilight" groupies, Kelly has decided that there are many women much more obsessed than she.   Royce Hall was sold out to 1800 crazies.  The music was performed by Justin Furstenfeld of Blue October.  I personally enjoyed the song "Hate Me."  We had an enjoyable evening but weren't so thrilled with the organization of the signing.  Luckily a few girls from Georgia took pity on us and we only had to wait in line two hours.  It was midnight before we were back to the Hyatt in Valencia.

 

retreat 001

1 comments:

  Katie and Luke

August 9, 2008 at 11:24 PM

Hey Jen...I haven't ventured into reading these books yet, but I am tempted. Your sister looks like she had a good time. And I think Claim Jumper is an excellent choice! My personal fave.
Katie