Manchester to Edinburgh

 

wales-edinburgh

The ride from our hotel to the Manchester airport took about 1 1/2 hours.  We were dropped off at the train station next to the airport and we sadly said our goodbyes to Phelim our driver/guide.  Purchasing our train tickets and loading the train proved to be easy.  The wheelchair user and companion got discounted tickets.   The train ride wasn't all that pleasant though.  The wheelchair seats were right next to the smelly bathroom and they had sold too many seats for wheelchairs so it was overcrowded with luggage and people.  

Upon arriving in Edinburgh, we got in the queue to get a taxi.  Like in London, all taxis are accessible.  Just a few blocks from the train station we found our new home for the next three night, Radisson SAS.  It is located on High Street right on the Royal Mile.  We indulged on Italian food with a diet coke and wandered the city streets.  All our senses were heightened.  Bagpipe music, street entertainers (one with piercings covering her entire face), traditional Scottish kilts being sold in every shop window, and buildings that date back to the 12th century, had us intrigued with every step.  Tomorrow.....Edinburgh Castle and city tour. 

3 comments:

  BushlingX7

July 21, 2008 at 2:58 PM

Your trip sounds fun!! I am glad to live it through your blog. Thanks for including me in your friend list:->. I hope I didn't presure you into anything, maybe there was a reason you didn't have me there (ha ha) anyways I am glad to twist your arm into it anyways. Have fun and keep posting I love it

  Angie Thompson

July 22, 2008 at 11:58 AM

I definitely DON'T have a thimble from Scottland. (hint hint)

It sounds like you are having a great time - wish I could join you, even for the smelly train ride (was there much of a view or was the smell too bad to look? I hear the moors are gorgeous)
;-)

  Jaime

July 22, 2008 at 11:03 PM

WOW, you guys are definitely the most traveled people I know! It's good to catch up with you a little bit. I've got a blog too www.adayinthesticks.blogspot.com

Anyhow, keep in touch!