Last Day of Work

IMG_1511 

Thursday, August 30th was my last day of work before starting my maternity leave. It was a much anticipated day as work was getting harder and harder with my big belly.   Actually the belly wasn’t the biggest limiting factor….it was my lack of energy that was prohibitive.    I came into work that morning to find my operatory decorated in pink balloons and streamers.   Terri had a friend of hers make cupcakes to celebrate after lunch at Sierra Vista.   There  were two flavors of cupcakes:  lemon cheesecake and chocolate with raspberry.    Of course, the lemon ones were my favorite!

 IMG_1506IMG_1508

My mom and all my sisters joined us for a lovely lunch.   A number of patients brought gifts to me in the last few weeks of work.  I’m so grateful to my work family who make times like this truly a celebration. They have all helped me through the last nine difficult months.   They are the most supportive friends anyone could ask for. 

Everyone including myself is anxious for this little girl’s arrival! 

0 comments: