Off to Cairns (CANS)

We started off the morning with breakfast at Pancakes on the Rocks in Darling Harbour. Harley loved the breakfast and for some reason my stomach wasn’t tolerating it.  We then boarded the fast ferry back to Circular Quay.  I know it may sound pathetic but I wanted to get some pictures of the Sydney Opera House from the Harbour and when I had the chance my camera battery was dead.   So alot of fuss for a picture or two but it made me happy.IMG_0859IMG_0866

Upon returning to our hotel, we packed up for our trip to Cairns.  The whole airport experience was amazingly different than home.  We checked in via a computer using Harley’s passport.  It printed both our tickets and baggage tickets.  We then weighed them and the machine accepted or rejected the bags.  Not one person was involved in the process.  So I had my passport ready to be checked at security and no one asked for it.  We didn’t even have to take our jackets and shoes off and water bottles were allowed.  So I boarded the plane without anyone ever ID-ing me.  Rather odd I thought!

After a three hour flight we arrived in Cairns without problem.  We rented a car and drove to Trinity Beach where are accommodations are.  It is a small quiet beach village about 2o minutes from the main city.  The manager upgraded us to a two bedroom apartment which is just about the size of our home.  Laundry facilities, fully equipped kitchen, a big jacuzzi tub, and lots of extra space!  What a treat!

IMG_0884IMG_0887IMG_0888IMG_0889

0 comments: