Plantation, Monkeys, and Sprat Net

IMG_3586

After completing our final morning of diving, we ventured out to see a bit more of St. Kitts.  We arrived at Caribelle Batik, formerly Romney’s Plantation, just as it was closing.  BUMMER!  We drove up through the exit to get a quick glance at the beautiful gardens and their infamous 350 year old tree.   IMG_3587 IMG_3585

IMG_3588

The plantation’s grounds were gorgeous and we even saw a few monkeys as we left.  IMG_3591

IMG_3593  IMG_3590

Aren’t they cute??  We actually spotted quite a few of them on the road to the Fortress just before 5:00.   Don’t you wish I could bring one home to you??

On the drive back to the hotel, we stopped to have dinner at Sprat Net.  It was an outdoor restaurant with a fun atmosphere.  We watched the sunset over the Caribbean and enjoyed some of the local flavors.  The views were absolutely incredible.IMG_3596 IMG_3600 IMG_3603

1 comments:

  Karrie

February 15, 2009 at 9:41 PM

I'm sorry, but those monkeys are not my favorite. I really prefer apes I guess. Those monkeys make me think of an image (I don't know where this came from, some movie I suppose) where the nice, cute, little monkey sits on your lap and eats out of your hand, and then for no reason, turns around and bits your nose off. Lots of blood and screaming. So, basically, no, please don't bring me a monkey home. :)