Post Christmas Visit to San Diego

family christmas party 2008 024 The day after Christmas we loaded up the Silver Bullet along with my car and headed to San Diego.  The snow that fell overnight left the roads icy so we drove very carefully over Walker Pass.   Our first stop was my Grandma Whittleton's residence at Sommerford Place.  I think just the sight of all of us overwhelmed her but that didn't keep my Dad from teasing her.   We had her giggling and had a decent visit, considering the situation.  

family christmas party 2008 027 We met Tawn and Asha for dinner at California Pizza Kitchen.   I was in the mood for Thai food so I ordered the Thai Chicken Pasta and it was delicious.  Tawn just graduated with a degree in Political Science and both he and Asha are working on getting their special education credentials.  Congratulations to both of them for their perseverance!  

family christmas party 2008 030

Saturday morning we went to visit my Grandmother again but we were a bit smarter.  We went in to see her in pairs of two which seem to work better.  I guess I don't blame anyone who gets overwhelmed when they see us coming.  So when Kelly, my mother and I were done visiting, we left to hit the after Christmas sales at the outlets in Carlsbad.  Now I have adjusted quite well to leaving San Diego but one thing I do miss is the outlets.  And just to make my day, Banana Republic had a 50% off sale.  Yes, everything in the store was 1/2 off!  I don't know how long we spent in BR before we met the rest of the crew for lunch.  Joining us was my mother's sister Diane, her husband Ron, and their twin sons Patrick and Philip.   family christmas party 2008 032 To finish out the day, we drove to Alpine to visit with my Uncle Mark.  We enjoyed rootbeer floats while visiting in his 100+ year old home.   He is a contractor and he is slowly renovating this old home.  The kitchen is complete and was absolutely gorgeous!

Sunday, we hit the road for home. But a quick,family filled weekend of love was had by all.  family christmas party 2008 029

 

0 comments: