Practically in Our Backyard

After all the airlines miles we have logged in over the past three years, Kelly and I decided it was time to visit a natural trailheadwonder that is practically in our backyard.  Yes, I am embarrassed to admit, it was my first time to walk the Trail of 100 Giants.  Wendy Adams joined us for the day.  Politics was the topic of discussion on the hour long drive to and from the trail, so Wendy may be regretting joining us after all.  I am happy to report that the weather was a cool 53.  trail1 trail2 The trail was almost completely accessible but a little off-roading provided for better photo opportunities.  The grove of Giant Sequoias was an awe-inspiring sight.   On the way back we stopped for lunch as the Kern River Brewing Company in Kernville.  I have to admit the food was pretty lousy, the fresh brewed root beer wasn't palatable, but the company was great!   Thanks Wendy for being such a great friend! 

wendy and kelly

2 comments:

  Bugs

October 7, 2008 at 9:19 AM

A couple of years ago we visited Yosemite with my parents and saw giant seqouias. They are amazing! I loved your pictures. Reminded me that I wanted to go back to Yosemite again! You seem to have such fun adventures together.

  Katie and Luke

October 7, 2008 at 12:26 PM

I have never been! It looks like something the boys would like.

Lunch on Friday sounds great (Thanks for offering), but I have a Dr appt in LA. Oh yay!--- But let me know the next time you are down on a Friday so we can grab lunch and have some girl time.