Is this really happening??

 

Tuesday, September 4th was a busy day for this soon to be Momma.   I started the morning early by returning your brothers Adam and Luke to school.  After that I went have fetal monitoring done which the doctors had me doing twice a week to check up on your development.  They were concerned that you weren’t growing and that had me scared.  I had to have two ultrasounds done at 37 and 38 weeks to compare your size.    Then I had a doctors appointment to check to see if I was progressing.   Dr. Reddy said I was dilated 2cms and that it could be a week or two or any day.   Following that I ran a few errands before attending a counseling appointment with Charree Kashwer.  By the time I left Bakersfield to drive home I was exhausted and not feeling very well.  The contractions seemed to be more consistent and uncomfortable but I wasn’t sure if I was just tired and less tolerant or they were the real thing.  I got home by 4:00, unloaded the car, and went straight to lie down. 

Unfortunately, I couldn’t sleep and just became more and more agitated.  Harley was working at Vons until 6:00 so I decided I better start timing the contractions.    They were about 7 minutes apart and consistent!  Yiks!!!   When Harley arrived home at 6:30 they were about five minutes apart and we debated what to do.   I didn’t want to drive to Bakersfield unless it was the real thing though.  So we took a walk to the church and hospital and back home.  Still no change.   I got in the pool and swam around for a half hour.  Still no change.  I called my Mom and she came down and started timing the contractions.   At 8:30 she agreed that we better head to Bakersfield.   The ride to Bakersfield wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be and we arrived at San Joaquin Hospital at 9:30. 

The nurse who examined me informed me that I hadn’t progressed enough and that they probably wouldn’t admit me.   Wrong thing to tell a pregnant woman!!!   Luckily  Dr. Cohen agreed to wait and monitor me for an hour and at 11:00 they admitted me.  He said baby Emma would be born on the 5th of September. 

0 comments: