My Newest Venture

IMG_6112

I decided  I wasn’t busy enough this year and that I needed to undertake another housing project.   But its more than just one house!!!   This picture shows the main residence.  It was built in the 60’s by the previous owner who is now 92 year old.   He was quite the builder and never stopped repairing things on his own.  He was also a collector of everything imaginable (particularly things like tools, car parts, junk, and more junk).   Fortunately, a 86 year old collector friend of his wanted most of the “stuff” in the house.  But there is still lots of cleaning to do.  IMG_6113

This area pictured encompasses a garage, a huge workshop, and a shed.  I think it is about as large as the house.   IMG_5313

One of the first things to address was this problem:  TERMITES.  Today, the main house was “tented.”    It truly looks like a haunted house which is so appropriate for the upcoming weekend. 

IMG_5319

A sneak peak to the inside of the main house.  Sadly, the deer was removed from the house so no need to be jealous. 

I cleaned out two small closets and filled 3 1/2 black Huskie garbage bags with clothing.   The Hospital thrift shop now has a variety of leisure suits and polyester pants galore.   But you might be jealous of this next find…..TIES! All sorts and all kinds of interesting colors.   Let me know if any of them interest you or might fit with your Halloween costume this year.

IMG_6115

Tomorrow-----I will post pictures of the duplex on the back of the property.  Yes, there are three possible residences eventually.  

3 comments:

  Karrie

October 31, 2009 at 9:53 AM

Excellent!

Although, I can't help but look at the pictures and think that it smells right now. You know, not like Fabreeze or baking cookies, but just... like an old man, musty, hopefully NOT like rodents, smell.

And, a building personality is also a collecting personality. Some would say it's a sickness. It makes for a junky look (trust me, I have first hand experience with this one...) but it's not so bad when you have what you need on hand. As soon as the house is done, project number two is a fence around the property, and project number three is a 6 foot high wooden fence around the boneyard. Right now we look way too much like Sanford and Sons.

  Bugs

November 5, 2009 at 7:14 AM

That's so awesome that you have the opportunity to flip houses! That's something I have been interested in. My husband tells me it's way too much work. He's probably right but the romance of changing something not so great to something incredible is a tempting lure! The house looks like it has some interesting features that could be played up nicely. Can't wait to see the updates as they come along!

What a glamorous life you lead!! ; )

  Jeni and Dave

November 15, 2009 at 8:04 PM

I LOVE the ties....those babies are gold. Please save me a couple to add to my collections.